- Are you doing no exercise other than the odd walk here and there with the kids?
- Are you absolutely knackered at the end of the day?
- Do you sit on the sofa and watch TV thinking about how tired you are?
- Do you wish you were fitter and healthier?
OK, a new exciting challenge is on it’s way! Time to get fit everyone.
Yep. I’m giving it another go. Remember Operation CrashHot? Probably not, it didn’t last very long because I was being too unrealistic.
I think that’s why many of us seem to crash and burn when we set out on an exercise regime – we are unrealistic.
So what am I doing differently this time?
CrashFit is about:
- easing into exercise
- creating a habit
- doing exercises that are efficient
I’m teaming up with my brother Adam who is a Personal Trainer and we’ve developed a program to help us all go from the couch to feeling fitter, stronger and healthier.
I’m not going to ask you to run until you puke, to rock up to the gym at 5am or set you up to feel like a failure.
I’m not even going to ask you to leave the lounge room or turn off the TV (at first!).
Yep – all our exercises will be done during the ad breaks of your favourite TV program!
How does it work?
- Each week’s exercises are posted here on Sunday or you can have them emailed to you by signing up below.
- Each week I’m live on Facebook from 8pm each Monday night walking you through the exercises for the week.
- You can join in on a Monday and be happy with just the one session, or you can do the ad break routine as many times as you like during the week.
- The following week we’ll change it up a little. As the weeks progress there will be advanced options for the exercises. Anyone can join in anytime.
And, you won’t need any fancy equipment to participate. All the exercises can be done using your body weight for resistance.
Now before you get ahead of yourself (I know you’re excited!), there’s a preparation exercise for the first week.
Pick your favourite TV program (any day/night of the week) and during the ad breaks of that show get up and do something. Anything. Just get up off the sofa!
- Get up and get a drink (maybe not a wine!)
- Go to the toilet or clean it!
- Pack/Unpack the dishwasher
- Sit on the floor and do some light stretches
- Fold some washing (you know there’s some waiting for you!)
I’ll be on Facebook on Monday 10th of September from 8pm doing the preparation exercise – I’d love it if you would join me and post on FB what you did during each ad break.
You can join in on a Monday and be happy with just the one session, or you can do the ad break routine as many times as you like during the week.
The following week we’ll change it up a little. As the weeks progress there will be advanced options for the exercises. Anyone can join in anytime.
That takes care of the ACTION part of getting fit and the MOTIVATION will come from knowing I’m there, live, doing the exercises when you are! I also hope we can all support each other and stay accountable by checking in and commenting on the FB updates. But let’s take a couple of steps back and make sure you’re ready for this challenge.
You can also include the CrashFit ad break sessions into the number of minutes you have committed to in Kate Says Stuff Operation Move.
What’s your inspiration?
It will be different for everyone. For me it used to be a pair of jeans I used to wear over 10 years ago. I used to keep them in my drawer to remind me but realised how sadistic that was. It wasn’t inspiring at all, or motivating! So they’ve been put away.
My inspiration now is a feeling.
I want to know how it feels again to be fit, healthy and proud of my body.
Notice I’ve not set any goals here? I’m not asking you to either.
The first stage of CrashFit is just getting started. Nothing to fail, no goals taunting you because you set them too high. Just get started.
So are you in?
- To join in comment below and share what your inspiration is for getting fit.
- Then sign up below to make sure you get the weekly email with the exercises and focus for the week
You can also visit the CrashFit page for a summary of the program and links to all the exercises.
One last thing . . .
Whilst Adam is a qualified personal trainer, please note that by particpating in CrashFit you acknowledge that:
- we strongly recommend that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
- you are in good physical health and are able to participate in the exercise.
- CrashTestMummy.com.au is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
- you understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Laney Galligan and Adam Lane from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of your participation in the program.