I was all charged up to get a lot of stuff done on Tuesday. Instead I woke up with a cracking migraine and then vomited from the pain. The day was spent in bed feeling very sorry for myself.
In three weeks I need to pull myself out of a mid-winter slump and get my Carrie on to hit the pavements of New York for BlogHer.
The faint hint of vomit, dry hairy legs, and a birds nest for hair means I’m as far as I can be from Sex(y) in the City. Actually Carrie’s hair can be a bit bird nesty sometimes. I’m clutching at straws – clearly!
Apparently us Aussies heading to BlogHer are about to land in a very very hot New York. Right now I’m freezing my butt off in Melbourne and can usually be found clad in flannelette. It makes me realise how much I hibernate in winter.
I’m not exercising, waxing, or even moisturising enough. I’m doing my best grizzly bear impression in looks and demeanor – as you can see!
So what am I going to do about it?
Well for starters, stop feeling sorry for myself and start thinking about why I’m feeling so crap. Here are some potential culprits:
- I’m not exercising.
- Because I’m not exercising or swimming my bare legs don’t see the light of day so I’ve forgotten about them.
- Cold nights have meant the slow creeping back in of mine and CrashHubby’s cup of tea and chocolate habit. Every now and then is becoming now, and what about now?
- I’m potentially trying to do too much and have a lot to get sorted out before leaving for New York.
- Our routines are a bit shot with school holidays and everything seems to be a bit of a chore.
- Cabin fever. I need some breathing space and hubby and I need to go on a date or at least attempt to socialise with other adults!
Here’s the plan:
- Thursday 10.45am you will find me getting my butt kicked into shape by my Personal Trainer brother. Really not looking forward to it – his idea.
- I have a date with myself to wax my legs because I never find time to get out to a salon and do it. Nads here I come.
- I will stop buying chocolate – one week to start with and see how we go! Time to read I Quit Sugar e-book again.
- I need to write a list of what needs to be done in the next 3 weeks, prioritise it and don’t do anything that isn’t on it. I’m so not putting ‘do the dishes’ on that list!
- I’m going to forget about routines until I’m back from New York.
- Date time! Might go ice skating at the Melbourne Winter Festival in St Kilda. Hubby and I haven’t been skating together for 6 years!
As much as I love that I’m going to New York for a bit of Summer, I’m resisting being dragged out of my hibernation mode. It’s probably a good thing!
Do you hibernate in Winter? Are you cool with it?