Image credit: Planning Queen – Planning With Kids
I know it has taken me a while, but here it is the Truth about being a SAHM: Part 2.
I had to write part 1, to acknowledge the difficulties and monotony of motherhood, as trite as they seem compared with real issues such as loss or illness of a child.
I need motivation, many of us do.
But there is no motivation without inspiration.
That’s when I called on you, the Crash Test Community to help me write Part 2.
Thank you all for your submissions and inspiration.
Thank you all for reminding me who I am . . .
I have a feature on the blog called Hitting the Wall. It’s not something I’ve drawn your attention to much, but I will now.
The Wall is somewhere you can come and vent, share, cry even. Especially if you don’t have a blog of your own which is what some of you did to share your RUOK? Day stories last year.
If someone needs to use the wall, then I’d like them to see this inspirational video and read some inspirational stories to cheer them up.
This is where you come in . . . again!
This post was chosen by Kids Business as part of the Happiness Inspires Happiness project.
What does this mean?
Well it means I get to do something that makes me happy. I am paying forward the reward I received for this post.
To be considered as a deserving recipient of a $100AUD Visa gift card . . .
Write a story about a time when you hit the wall and then share your feelings about the Part 2 video.
If you’re a blogger:
- you can link up your post below (scroll down for the linky)
- please link back to this post or add the button:
If you don’t have a blog
- you can write your submission on The Wall
I’m making this available to everyone worldwide, because the Visa gift card can be used anywhere worldwide where Visa gift cards are accepted. I’ll post the card to you :)
Scroll to end for terms and conditions.
I’ll be posting any submissions received in batches during the week.
Thank you to everyone who made submissions. I’ll be writing another post with the rest of the wonderful and inspirations submissions I received and a complete list of everyone who participated. It’s too long for this post – over 50 of you helped me out. I am more grateful than you know. I cried many, many times. My heart swelled more than I could imagine and I have definitely found the inspiration and motivation I needed to enjoy being a mum.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to entrants worldwide.
- You can enter once, either by linking or submitting a post.
- Submissions close on Saturday 11th of August at 8pm AEST.
- The reward for the best written post as decided by me will be a $100AUD Visa gift card.
- My decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email and published on the blog.
- All terms and conditions for Visa Gift Cards will apply
- I will post the card to the winner, but will not be liable for non-delivery, damage or loss.
- Please consider the effect your post may have on others if you content is of a sensitive nature.
- All stories will be moderated.
- Crash Test Mummy reserves the right to edit or not publish a submitted story as relevant. You will receive an email explaining why.