It pains me to write this, because I’m not sure I can follow through. But I’ve been thinking a lot about our relationship and it saddens me to admit - it has to end.
You had me right from the moment I met you. You sparkle and I smile. You beckon and I surrender. Your sweet nothings give me a rush.
But it’s not healthy this thing we have. It’s a roller coaster you won’t ride with me. You send me soaring then leave me to crash. I can’t depend on you anymore.
Then there’s the kids. They’re crazy about you, literally. They can’t get enough of you sometimes. When you’re gone they turn into little brats. They cling to me, begging for you. You’re a bad influence and I don’t want you to see them any more.
I’m starting to think a lot of my problems persist because I have been blind to your effect on me.*
But I love you. I can’t imagine my life without you. I implore you to let me go. If you don’t, I will.
* Possible effects of sugar on my life
- I have skinny chicken legs, but I’m so bloated I look 5 months pregnant, like all of the time.
- I practically slip into a coma mid-morning and afternoon, shaking until I get a fix.
- Constant sugar spikes flood my system with cortisol and has wreaked havoc on my adrenals (see Adrenal Fatigue)
- I can’t stop at one Mint Slice biscuit. It’s none or the whole damn packet.
Today I’m starting Sarah Wilon’s 8 week “I Quit Sugar” program. Follow my progress or join in my ‘Sugar Crash’ challenge. Together we might just have a chance ;).